COVID

I  need to get all of this out. Some of this is facts about what has been going on with our family during this season, some of it is all my opinion. I know there are people who will disagree with my opinion. I am posting this so I have a record of it. I am not trying to start an argument with anyone. I just need to get this all out before my head explodes.

COVID deserves a blog all of it's own. It is currently July 20. We have been on one hell of a roller coaster. I wish I had started this blog back in March, but I am going to try my best to record everything that has happened. Friday March 13, 2020 was the day school officially shut down. Initially we were told school would be out until just after Easter, then the kids would go back on campus. Well, that changed, my kids have not been on campus for class since Friday March 13. The staff at TJ did a good job at keeping people's spirits up. They did a parade for the kids in the neighborhoods where the students live. It was really good to see everyone. Kristy persuaded Courtney to be part of the parade, which was awesome because Courtney was working in the office for so long. It was nice to have Courtney there consistantly. Which reminds me I need to text her and see how things are. Anyway, I sobbed like a baby during the parade, even right now I'm getting a little teary eyed. 

I remember reading on March 13 that Disneyland was closing. Yeah, Disneyland closing. Even just typing that I keep thinking how much this has been blown out of proportion. Yes, I believe there is such a thing as the Corona Virus, yes I do believe some people have died from it. I also feel that shutting down EVERYTHING has been way too much. I don't like having to wear a face mask, but I do it, when I go to the store, I wear my mask. I don't bitch and moan when I leave the house... I follow the rules. I try just to post positive stuff on Facebook. I try not to step on anyone's toes. We all have different opinions and it would be so nice if we could all respect each other's opinions.... But that doesn't happen people act like a bunch of children because they don't agree. I'm done holding it all in. That is the purpose for this blog. Again, I am going to say I am following the rules. I am not going out and protesting. I don't go hang out with large groups of people. I do hang out with close friends, I hug my friends and my family. 

So the kids finished the 2019-2020 school year from home. It sucked. To be honest, we didn't do all the work that was asked. We managed, we did our best to keep things stress free. As we look at the next school year I am going to do better, but I also think the staff will do better at distant learning. To be very honest I believe the entire school year will end up being done remotely. Not by my choice, but by the choice of the State of California. 

I am not okay. This is not okay. I have been keeping myself busy. Sometimes with video games, art, television shows, alcohol, swimming.... I end up being at my worst when I start cleaning house, I clean house and find stuff from the past school year and I get so angry. I have had some really good days and really bad days. I am trying to be healthier and happier. I quit drinking alcohol and have been more patient with the kids. Evan keeps to himself most of the time playing Mindcraft. Evan and Steve have been playing Minecraft together. It's a good thing, they both need some sort of outlet. Claire and I have been doing art together. For a while it was chalking, but since the summer is here we have been drawing and painting. Makes me wish I had taken some art classes in high school. 

Steve's brother Dylan has been staying with us since Easter. He's going to lineman school. It has been great having him here. The first month especially since Steve was super busy with work. It was nice to have another adult in the house. Dylan's great, the kids love him and he's so helpful. It's been really good having him in the house, his school is almost over. He leaves this Sunday and I'm bummed. 

Just getting this out in writing his been helpful. If you're reading this I decided to post it. I plan on writing more, so much more has happened in the past 4 months. I want to record it all so other people can see that life is not all good. I am struggling, but I'm making it. Life's not perfect, I don't have all my shit together. I am an honest person and I say it as it is. I don't like to bull shit, I have a hard time with small talk. 








Comments